All over the world there are various products in charge of making life easier for human beings. Depending on where we live, some will be better known than others. Culture is the main factor regarding the use of them.
This is the case of a natural mineral called borax, which is not harmful to the environment, nor does it cause cancer if it accumulates in the body.
Although it is convenient to keep it out of the reach of children and pets, it can be very effective in helping us with cleaning the home.
The also known sodium borate has a fairly long history list, although there is data that support its long history as a cleaning product, at least 100 years.
The ideal is to put it into practice and know all the useful uses of this product. Let's do it!
1. Contribute to the trash can
The place where household garbage is usually stored is not one of the most pleasant. It is usually found in a basket in the cleaning room or, at best, in the patio area.
Regardless of the corner or place that houses it, it will always accumulate bacteria and bad smells; luckily borax can be of great help in this regard.
How to use?
We will sprinkle a little of this product in the trash can and fill it with water.
After a few minutes we will rinse it and check how it is completely deodorized; When this procedure is carried out, the cube is free of bad odors and bacteria.
2. Clean the kitchen
Undoubtedly, the place that accumulates the most dirt, germs and bacteria is the kitchen. Since this is the area where we cook and where food accumulates, its cleanliness must be impeccable.
Borax can be used to achieve the best results.
This has antibacterial properties, which make it ideal for kitchen areas where they generate their habitat (for example, the counter, the top of the stove and other types of surfaces made of aluminum or steel).
• 1 cup of borax (200 g)
• ¼ cup of lemon juice (62 ml)
• We will join both ingredients and rub the resulting mixture on the surface we want to clean with a damp cloth.
• Later we will rinse with warm water.
3. It not only cleans the kitchen surface
Since microorganisms and bacteria, or even larger animals, can also accumulate in other areas of the house, in addition to the kitchen, borax can also help us to sanitize other areas of the home.
This is the case, for example, of handrails, places where liquor is stored, tables or window surfaces, among others.
• 2 tablespoons of borax (20 g)
• 2 cups of hot water (500 ml)
• Bottle with spray
• Previously clean the bottle with a vaporizer, in order to avoid residues of the product stored there.
• We will mix both ingredients in the bottle.
• We will close the container well and shake the mixture to combine.
• We will spray the surfaces that we want to clean with several sprays.
• If desired, you can let the liquid work or wipe each surface with a damp cloth.
4. Treat clothes with moisture
This step is something that few or no one wants, since it is very unpleasant to have clothing infested with mold or with a musty smell. It's clear how uncomfortable this problem can be.
However, borax is a great alternative to get rid of this discomfort. Be it careless or not, the solution is very effective, even more so if it is on hand.
• 2 cups of borax (400 g)
• 2 liters of water
• Pour the borax and water into a large container (this can be a bucket).
• Mix both ingredients well.
• Put damp or moldy clothes in the bucket and soak for 2 hours.
5. Clean mattresses
Mattress cleaning is one of the most forgotten practices by all and it is a moderately serious mistake. And it is that it houses the body for long hours and, in turn, a group of bacteria and organism, which, over time, are harmful to health.
• 1 tablespoon of borax (10 g)
• 1 damp cloth
• Soak the damp cloth with the borax.
• Clean dirty mattress areas.
• Allow to air dry for several hours.
Better with Health