Probably the answer to both questions implies that these situations that we pose have been frequent throughout our lives. Why? Because life sometimes exhausts us and we need to stop being accountable to it, at least stop doing it emotionally.
As we have said, to deal with emotional overload we have two infallible tools: sleep and laugh. There are many more, such as playing sports, but these two are within our reach every day and in any circumstance.
The ability of sleep to restart our mind
Sleep is essential to keep your mind clear and to be able to think clearly. In fact, our body uses it for that, to restart, recharge energy, rethink its rhythms and resume life with more force.
Since sleep is a basic need such as eating or drinking, we must give it the importance it really has. Thus, to maintain proper sleep hygiene, we must properly handle the points that we present below:
- Avoiding energy drinks, caffeine, alcohol or tobacco after 6:00 PM is essential to sleep properly.
- Although we must do physical exercise regularly, we must ensure that this is done 3-4 hours before
- Do not eat large amounts of food and / or liquids before going to sleep.
- Do not eat if you wake up during the night.
- Maintain a comfortable temperature (no more than 23º) and reduce the brightness and noise in the room where we are going to sleep.
- Don't go to bed hungry.
- Avoid sleeping on a very hard mattress.
- Reduce naps.
- Remove the alarm clock from the bedroom to reduce anxiety.
- Go to bed only when you are sleepy.
- If you do not fall asleep after 15-20min, it is best to get up and do a quiet task to return when you are sleepy.
- Keep regular hours and go to bed only to sleep or have sex.
If there is a concern that is on our minds, plugging in a few hours of sleep will help us see things differently. In addition, it is in these moments that it becomes much more important to take into account the previous points.
A great laugh to release tension
Life after a laugh is different. In this, as in everything, our brain has a lot to do with it, which releases endorphins when we do it, helping to release tension and, therefore, to provide mental clarity and help us solve our problems.
In other words, endorphins help us reduce our stress levels and, of course, make us feel much better. Likewise, letting out a laugh also relieves our pain thanks to the effect of endorphins.
Let's say that endorphins counteract the effect of the stress hormone (cortisol), which helps reduce our negative thoughts and feelings.
When we feel that we need a good laugh and we do not know how to get a smile, we can look for a series, a movie or a comic video. It is also good to spend more time with friends or family who make us feel good. By doing this, it will be easier to inject good humor into our lives.
Laughing and sleeping, keys to maintaining emotional and physical balance
It is important that we take it into account since it is usually one of the issues that we most neglect in our day to day. Sometimes because we are immersed in the daily maelstrom, we do not allow ourselves to rest from worries or relax tensions.
A good laugh helps us release those emotions that we have withheld and that we do not allow ourselves to express. In the same way, sleeping has such a relaxing and "decontracting" effect that it can help us to keep our mind much more active and precise.
The solution to daily stress and emotional discomfort is often in our hands or, at least, in the simplest things. As we have seen, we have tools to get a better sleep or laugh with the force of life; we have no excuse not to take them into account.
Mind is Wonderful