By Ramón I. Negrín Pérez.
The work consists of the experience for the development of Environmental Education in the province of Ciego de Ávila established by the Faculty of Physical Culture of the University of Ciego de Ávila, for students, teachers of the faculty and human resources of INDER and the MINED, based on the strategy and the project on Environment in the territory.
Faculty of Physical Culture
University of Ciego de Ávila. Cuba
The work consists of the experience for the development of Environmental Education in the province of Ciego de Ávila established by the Faculty of Physical Culture of the University of Ciego de Ávila, for the students, teachers of the faculty and the human resources of INDER and MINED, based on the strategy and the project on Environment in the territory. Its objective is the application of an educational and instructive proposal that allows a culture of sustainable development in physical and sports activity, as well as the direction to the formation of firm environmental convictions in the way of acting of students and professionals in this sphere. of work, framed in the strategy for ideological political work. It is evident that graduates and all Physical Culture professionals should have as a general requirement a domain of the environment as a continuous and permanent process that constitutes a dimension of the integral education of all citizens, so they must use it as instrument of work in their daily and future professional life. In it, the general objectives of the Professional Model are taken into consideration, as well as the improvement of teachers and the rest of the human resources planned to be able to successfully face this task from a scientific-methodological point of view. Different methods were used to determine the educational needs of the students, teachers and human resources of INDER and MINED and partial results achieved are exposed.
The interrelation of society and nature is extraordinarily wide in our time, and has originated the ecological problem that appears among the global events of humanity, the incessant progress of science and technology has increased in proportions never seen before the power of humanity with respect to nature so it is necessary to reflect and act in this direction.
The analysis of this interrelation between society and the environment has long been traditional in the history of scientific and philosophical thought, Marx in one of his letters to Engels expressed on ecology "culture if it develops spontaneously and is not consistently oriented ... leaves behind a desert. "
For this reason, the development of an environmental mentality committed to Physical Culture is of great interest, based on the following questions.
What is the Physical Culture-environment relationship?
What happens in subjects during physical activity and their relationship with the environment and the same?
To what extent are sports and physical education professionals known for their actions in preserving the environment?
To what extent does the career prepare students to face this problem from an instructive and educational perspective?
Are our teachers prepared to face this problem from a methodological point of view?
When carrying out an analysis of these questions, we can state that our teaching students and professionals who work at INDER and MINED have poor preparation about the environment, which is one of the causes of inefficiency in the formation of environmental values. so we consider that the reasons are the following.
- The insufficiency of the curricula of the Bachelor of Physical Culture on this subject.
- The absence of a scientific and methodological improvement of teachers.
- The difficulties in the development of the theoretical bases of this subject in Physical Culture.
- The insufficient bibliography on this subject related to Physical Education and Sports.
- It is from these questions that we set ourselves the following research problem.
How to achieve in the students of Physical Culture and the human resources of INDER and MINED, as well as our teachers, a culture of the environment, which forms convictions through Environmental Education?
For which we draw the following: General Objective.
Prepare an educational and instructive proposal that contributes to the development of an environmental thought, which allows a culture of sustainable development in physical and sports activities, as well as the direction to the formation of firm environmental convictions in its form of action.
The main scientific contribution of our work is to offer a methodological proposal for the preparation of teachers and graduates that contributes to the solution of problems related to the formation and consolidation of an environmental concept that allows them to take on the new challenges of sport and education. physics in the present age.
The scientific novelty of it is presented in the conception of the strategy as an alternative to the development of environmental education, in order to achieve the social and individual benefit that is required.
The practical value is linked to the educational transformation that the course fosters in the cultural training of students, teachers, and the human resources of INDER and MINED.
For the development of our work the following methods were used.
- Review of study plans and programs documents.
- Bibliographic review related to the environment and environmental education.
- Analysis of the indications, guidelines and directives of the INDER, MINED and MES.
- Interviews with and surveys to professors of the Faculty, students and professionals of INDER and MINED.
- Expert judgment.
For the development of the proposal, we started from an analysis of the study programs A, B, and C where it was found that they suffer from treatment in this direction, since only Plan C from the socio-humanistic and environmental exit and with the Implementation of the Director of Environmental Education Program offers some solutions to a problem so discussed in the current era, if we take into consideration that most of our graduates have not received content on this issue, the need to implement forms through postgraduate improvement is evident. that respond to achieve a sustainable Physical Culture that means the improvement of the quality of life of the subject and their actions in an environment which demands a systematic practice in favor of the care and preservation of the environment.
Regarding the revised methodological plans, they suffer from attention to this direction.
The postulates for the elaboration of this strategy are appreciated when using the profile or model of the professional as a starting point as well as the level of knowledge of the teachers, combining the model of qualities, the model of knowledge and the model of the activity .
ACTIONS OF THE STRATEGY OF THE FACULTY OF PHYSICAL CULTURE RELATED TO ENVIRONMENTAL EDUCATION.
- Implement, through the programs, the objectives regarding environmental education and in the preparation of the subject by topics or by classes the actions for their fulfillment.
- The disciplines will establish the specific actions related to their subjects based on what is established in the director program, the departments will be responsible for their control and evaluation
- The J 'pedagogical collectives, based on the indications of this program, will implement the integrative activities related to environmental education within the PEI and will be controlled through the leaders for years.
* The activities of the teaching practice in all the years will be the ideal way for the integral work where knowledge about environmental education is revealed.
- Establish a student circle that works in relation to this topic and present papers in the grassroots and national student scientific forums.
- Control the environmental dimension through visits to classes or another form of organization of the PDE.
- Preserve and take care of the sports areas of the faculty.
- Give specialized conference to professors of the Faculty, Physical Education professors, technicians and INDER cadres
- Teach Postgraduate course on environmental education
- Carry out diploma work on environmental education, its impact on the community and on physical education and sports.
- Prepare at least one project on environmental education in physical culture and sports.
SCIENCE AND TECHNIQUE
- Produce publications on physical education, sports and the environment.
- Participate in events at different levels on the subject.
- Teach optional courses.
- Create the Chair of environmental education
- Carry out characterizations of the community, student residence, as well as high performance centers
- Exhibitions on sport, physical education and the environment.
- The structuring and improvement of a Director Program for the Environment.
- The projection of a methodological work that provides attention to the methodological needs of teachers related to environmental education in the faculty.
- The structuring of an Optional Course.
- The structuring of a Postgraduate Improvement Course for the faculty and human resources teachers of INDER and MINED.
Both the Environment Director Program, as well as the methodological treatment, the optional course and the postgraduate improvement are based on article 50 of Law 81/97 on the Environment, which is stated verbatim. "The MES will guarantee the introduction of the environmental dimension, based on the professional models and the undergraduate and postgraduate study plans and extension and teaching and extracurricular activities, aimed at training and improving professionals from all branches. " It is evident the objective need that graduates of this career as a general requirement must have a command over the environment, which they must use as a working instrument in their daily professional life, to achieve the best performance of their social function.
If we take into consideration that Environmental Education is a continuous and permanent process that constitutes a dimension of the integral education of all citizens, oriented towards the acquisition of knowledge, development of habits, skills, abilities, attitudes and the formation of values that they harmonize the relationships between human beings and between them with the rest of society and nature, to promote the orientation of economic, social and cultural processes towards sustainable development.
Taking into account that the environmental dimension is a research, management or other educational process and that it is expressed by the systemic nature of a set of elements, which have a specific environmental orientation expressed through the environment-links developing.
Environment director program.
This Environmental Director Program must form firm convictions taking into consideration that man is located in the center between society and nature and therefore dominates, uses, transforms, protects and attacks the environment, so it is necessary to educate him in this appearance.
Taking into account the general objectives of the professional model and the years of the career, making the derivation of the objectives so that you can pay tribute to it.
Today more than ever, from the impetuous advances of the RCT demand that each professional be able to guide and work on the preservation of the environment.
This directing program presupposes that the student finds himself in the need to consolidate and strengthen his dialectical-materialist convictions, as well as his conception of the world based on the principles that govern our project of social system, through the PDE.
Contribute to solving environmental problems framed within Physical Culture, independently and creatively using scientific methods that allow, through the direction of the PDE, the orientation of their conduct and an ethical and aesthetic stance in correspondence with our social projects.
The methodological work.
From the creation of the environmental director program, it is necessary to implement the ways and forms for the attention to the environment and fundamentally in the direction of environmental education from the methodological point of view that would be the starting point for the preparation of teachers.
Contribute to raising the level of teachers related to environmental education, through methodological work that allows disciplinary, interdisciplinary and transdisciplinary interrelation and can provide a solution to the environmental problem in our sphere of action.
-Instrument through the programs, the objectives related to environmental education and in the preparation of the subjects define their actions.
-The disciplines and subjects will be taxed per year within the activities provided for in the PEI.
- The methodological activities must specify how to guide the fulfillment of the indications of the Director Program.
- It will establish the interdisciplinary relationship for the attention to environmental education.
-Your evaluation will be established through visits to classes or other forms of control.
This course is instrumented taking into account that it will allow to complement the knowledge about the environment related to Physical Culture, in it a series of topics is taught such as those referring to the policy of the State and Government, as well as INDER and MINED about the environment.
Apply simple solutions based on knowledge and skills related to the environment and Physical Culture, allowing graduates a more effective action against technological and scientific impacts on the environment and the formation of environmental convictions in their future sphere. of acting.
Postgraduate Improvement Course
The incorporation of postgraduate improvement actions is based on the need of the current era to practice sports in a clean and healthy environment, for which we need professionals trained in these aspects that influence the environment with the systematic practices of prevention, care, conservation and education of the environment, so it is essential that all studies on physical and sports activity take into account environmental principles and parameters, in order to minimize negative consequences for the environment.
Provide the human resources of INDER and MINED, as well as the faculty teachers, with knowledge and skills related to the environment applied to Physical Culture, which allow them a more effective action against the technological and scientific impacts of the environment.
Partial results from the strategy and proposed project.
- An optional course is taught in the Physical Culture undergraduate.
- Methodological lectures are given on ways and ways of working environmental education through the director program.
- There is a Student Scientific Group working on the subject.
- Postgraduate improvement is given to all teachers of the faculty and so far 41 teachers of * Physical Education, 27 coaches and 10 cadres in the territory have received it.
- Two diploma works are carried out on the subject.
- Three international publications have been produced.
- It has participated in three events, one of them international.
- The Chair of the Environment was created.
- The integrative nature of the environmental dimension needs to be approached with a systemic approach.
- By approaching the environment as a complex system integrated into the relationship between society and nature, it is integrated into the humanistic conceptions of our social project.
- The proposed proposal is applicable and feasible and is an alternative to the deficiencies that our study plans and our teachers present in relation to environmental education.
- The partial results so far achieved by the application of this proposal have shown us the potential that Physical Culture has to develop Environmental Education.
Environmental Education, teaching-learning principles. Department of Technical and Environmental Education. Univ. Coruña. Spain. 1993.
National Environmental Strategy. Cuba. CITMA. 1997.
Gonzáles, I. Santos M and Diez, V. Activities in nature and formal education. A concrete proposal. Recreational orientations. Rev. Perspective No.16. Spain. nineteen ninety six.
Gonzáles, Novo Teresita and Ignacio Cruz. Cuba, its environment after half a millennium. Book Inst. Haban. 1998.
National Institute of the Environment. Environmental education. Lisbon. 1990.
Law 81/97 of the Environment. Official Gazette. 1997.
López Pastor. V Manuel and López Pastor E. Matilde. Treatment of Environmental Education from the area of Physical Education. Problems and proposals for action. APUNTS (50). Spain. 1981.
Raúl table. Ecology and technological impact (art page 219. Problems of Science and technology. Edit. F. Varela. Habana.1994.
Negrin Pérez Ramón and Niruka E. De la Torres. Considerations in relation to Physical Education and the formation of environmental values. Digital magazine Lecturas de E. Y D. Year 5 N0 21. Argentina.2000.
Villalba Hilario. The impact of sports and leisure / recreation activities on nature. ADENAT. Spain. 1994.
The signed articles are the responsibility of the authors. EcoPortal.net may or may not coincide with the concepts or opinions issued.